Pan African International University – Centre for International English Language Education (CIELE)
TURN YOUR DREAMS INTO REALITY IN OUR “ENGLISH ZONE”
CIELE was set up in 2019 with a range of objectives including –
- The Center provides “A pioneer English Book” which is, an innovative English course for young adults which takes learners from Beginner to Advanced level.
- A pioneer English Book, The course is organized into twelve topic-based modules, which allows learners to deal with a variety of topics in depth. In this way, learners are enabled to communicate successfully in English in a wide range of social situations and environments.
- The CIELE Center provides “Career English Path Way”: These books are designed for professionals and students in vocational schools and colleges to help them develop the language skills they need to succeed in a professional work situation
- Undertaking innovative activities to promote quality improvement in ELE, including capacity building in non-formal and entrepreneurial sectors;
- Promoting research, innovation and collaboration in ELE across Somalia;
- Undertaking research, consultancy, advocacy, extension and community outreach activities;
- Evolving as a major ELE hub in the country.
This is an innovative course for young adults which takes learners from Beginner to Advanced level.
The course follows the requirements of the Common European Framework of Reference and focuses on the systematic development of key competences.
The course is organized into twelve topic-based modules, which allows learners to deal with a variety of topics in depth. In this way, learners are enabled to communicate successfully in English in a wide range of social situations and environments.
What is Pioneer?
Pioneer is based on a theoretically sound and empirically oriented syllabus that covers current ELT theory and language pedagogy – developed using authentic, expert input. Our flagship course for teenagers and young adults contains specific natural language that makes the material highly relevant and engaging for the student. All levels have been classroom-tested and have been carefully crafted by taking into account the extensive feedback gathered from teachers around the world.
Thanks to its clear approach with a strong communicative focus and substantial input from the real world, Pioneer ensures success.
- Motivating and contemporary topics with multicultural and cross-curricular information
- Lively dialogues presenting functional language in real-life situations
- Reading material from authentic sources
- An integrated approach to the development of the four skills
- Special emphasis on vocabulary building
- Grammar presented and practiced in context
- Systematic development of reading and listening skills and sub skills
- A variety of communicative tasks
- Step-by-step approach to writing
- Activities encouraging critical thinking and personal response
- Task-based activities preparing learners for the real world
- Practical tips helping students to become autonomous learners
- A round-up section in each module providing regular revision and consolidation
- A grammar reference section
Table of contents (Pioneer English)
To view the complete syllabus of topics, functions and skills for each level, click on the corresponding Student’s Book.
- Pioneer beginners A1.1
- Pioneer elementary A1.2
- Pioneer pre-intermediate A2
- Pioneer intermediate B1
- Pioneer Upper intermediate B1+
- Pioneer Advanced level C1
2. Career Paths – ESP English for Specific Purposes
These books are designed for professionals and students in vocational schools and colleges to help them develop the language skills they need to succeed in a professional work situation.
Course (Main) Covers
- Group discussion
- Telephonic Etiquette
- Spoken English
- Interview Skills
- E-mail writing
- Daily routine English
- Jam Session
- Personality Development
Artificial intelligence in writing